By Laura Jemetta
It’s New Years Eve today, and I’m already thinking and planning all the travel I’m hoping to do in 2019. In reality, I’ve been thinking about it since my last trip to Hawaii earlier this year, but now I thought it would be fun to share these goals with you!
- Go to New York. Twice – That’s right. I’m planning on visiting New York twice this year. Once will be with Kate in August, it’s looking like the second time will be during Christmas time with my family. It’s one of my favourite places in the world, and I would probably visit 10 times a year if I could afford it! Most of my plans for visiting New York again involve seeing shows, (which you will find out about below), but I’m also excited to have some other uniquely New York experiences.
- Take my first solo flight – I won’t technically be taking a solo trip in 2019 (as far as I know), but I will be taking my first solo flight and meeting Kate in the US next year. I’m looking forward to the new experience, and I’m confident that I’ll be able to handle everything airplane travel brings, by myself.
- See London – 2019 is going to be the year that I finally visit England. My Dad was born in London, but I haven’t managed to make it over there yet. I’m excited to visit and do all the touristy things (read: see more shows). I think I’m most excited to do the Warner Brother’s Studio Tour, which has it’s own entry in this list!
- Visit Family in England – We have lots of family in the UK, so I’m excited to travel to London and Manchester to visit them. Some of them I’ve not met, and some of them have visited us in Australia, so it will be nice to see them in their own hometown.
- Go to Sara Beth’s for Brunch – I know there is so much wonderful food to be found in New York, but I’ve always had this thing about having brunch at Sara Beth’s. Now, I’m not sure if it really is going to be the best brunch ever, or if it’s one of those touristy things, but next year, I’m just going to try it!
- Drink Hot Chocolate in Central Park – When I was in New York last year, there was a strange heat wave going on, even though it was late September. So since then, I’ve been dreaming of being in New York in the cooler weather, and I can’t think of anything better than wandering Central Park, rugged up in a coat, with a hot drink in hand.
- See Hamilton on Broadway – As much as I love Hamilton, (and I do. A lot.), I was really late to the party. Kate tried to get me to listen to it for a couple of years, before I actually did, and now that I have, I’m kicking myself that I didn’t do it earlier, because I could have seen it when I was in New York last year. So: seeing Hamilton on Broadway is pretty much top of my list for New York next year.
- See Frozen on Broadway – Okay, if you don’t know by now, I love musicals. And the plan for next year is to see as many shows as possible in New York. I really want to see Frozen the Musical – I actually re-watched Frozen last night, and all I was thinking about was how amazing it will be to see it on stage!
- Do the Warner Bro’s Studio Tour in London – So this is probably the top of my list if things to do in London. You probably know by now how much we love Harry Potter here at Xen, so I’m so excited to experience the next best thing to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, when I’m in London.
- See the Rockerfeller Center Christmas Tree – To me, there’s nothing more iconic about Christmas in New York than the Christmas Tree at the Rockerfeller Center. There’s something so magical about it, and I really hope our Christmas plans work out, so that I can see it in person in 2019.
Let me know some of your travel goals for 2019 in the comments below – I’d love to hear! Don’t forget to check out my posts about my adventures in New York in 2017 – like my tips on free things to do in New York City, and my guide to the Subway system in NYC!
Stay tuned for lots of exciting posts in the New Year about Kate’s trip to Peru, and my travels to the US and UK!