By Kate Arnold
The New Year is just around the corner and this is the time of the year that I like to think about my goals and resolutions for the coming year. I’m all about Here are some of my travel related goals for 2019.
- Visit Machu Picchu – when in Peru, right? I can’t go there and not see these amazing Incan ruins, at the moment this looks like it’s happening in April but nothing is set in stone yet yet
- See Hamilton on Broadway – I was lucky enough to see Hamilton in Chicago last year but I’d still love to see it ‘in the greatest city in the world’ (check out my Guide to New York for the Hamilton-lover)
- See Mean Girls on Broadway – I love the movie of Mean Girls, it has become such a classic and I love the music in the musical (fingers crossed Barrett Wilbert Weed is still in the show at that time, I’m a huge fan of hers)
- See Frozen on Broadway – I’m dying to see the show, particularly ‘Let It Go’ and that quick change (check out all the ways you can save money on Broadway tickets, I’ll be revisiting this article before I go back to New York)
- Live like a local in Peru – I’ve never travelled somewhere and stayed for such an extended period so I’m looking forward to living in Peru rather than just visiting (learn more about my upcoming trip to Peru here)
- Travel to one other country in South America – while I’m teaching I’ll have time to go on little adventures on the weekend and I’m hoping to spend one of those weekends in Brazil or Chile or maybe Bolivia
- Teach English overseas – so I know that this is definitely going to happen, it’s the whole reason I’m going over there in the first place but this has been a person goal of mine for years and I’m so excited to finally be ticking it off the list
- Invest $5000 to my travel fund – I’m currently investing into mutual fund with the goal of building up a yearly passive income of $5000 that will finance my travelling in the future (let me know in the comments if this is something you would like me to write about in more depth)
- Get freelance work while I travel – I’ve just begun my journey as a freelance writer and I want to make sure I keep momentum up while I travel as well as bring in some extra money while I’m away
- Visit family in Queensland – the plan was to go this year but with one thing and another I never made it up north to see my family in Queensland, when I get back from Peru and have a bit of money saved I’m thinking about making a road trip out of it, maybe stopping in Sydney on the way
Tell me about some of your goals and resolutions for the New Year in the comment section, whether travel related or not. Don’t forget to check out some of our other 12 Days of Christmas articles like Laura’s Gift Guide for Travel Lovers or my insights into going to Vision Australia’s Carols By Candlelight concert in Melbourne.